Thursday, December 01, 2005

Chennai jottings...

I was sitting at my favourite Chennai Nair Tea Shop when I heard the zaniest conversation in recent times! A man walks in with a bizarre looking hearing aid stuck to his ear with a wire leading to his shirt pocket. On closer scrutiny it is a handsfree set for his mobile. He is speaking into into/to the contraption like there is no tomorrow and motions the 'tea master' to make him a sugarless tea, sits down on a plastic stool and picks up a 'bhaji' that has been made in the Paleontozoic era and kept out in the open to feed the houseflies and also as a receptacle for the dirt, grime and dust produced by the cacophonous Metropolitan Transport Corporation buses plying on roads that have craters similar to the moon.

Man with bizarre handsfree set (MWBHS): "Sir, I forced the girl to come on Tuesday, but she says she has got her exams"

God only knows what the duffer on the other side is telling him...

MWBHS: "No sir, I tried my best to get her over, but she is adamant saying that she has flunked her earlier exams and definitely cannot come this time"

God only knows what the duffer on the other side is telling him...

MWBHS: "Yes sir, she cant afford to do things according to her own luxury, that too after having asked us to go ahead with all the arrangements. Wouldn't we take care of her rain or sunshine, but somehow she seems to have missed the point"

God only knows what the duffer on the other side is telling him...

(Meanwhile, my thought takes a fancy flight and is freewheeling! Jeez these people are doing it in the open now eh? Goddamn, no wonder Chennai is seeing Japanese words like Tsunami in the Tamil papers)

MWBHS: "Sir, I told her father but he says it is none of his business and his daughter is an independent lady and can think for herself. I think I need to talk to her mother about this. How can she do like this, she should have informed us earlier. We have made all the arrangements and now she is backing out at the last minute. Dont worry Sir, I will somehow get her on Tuesday."

(Awww efff, even the parents are cahoots!!! Thirupathi Ezhumalayaaney!!)

God only knows what the duffer on the other side is telling him...

MWBHS: "I have arranged fantastic accomodation too and during this time it is very difficult to get a VIP suite. I have really slogged for it, Sir"

(If only I knew the name of the Hotel and the room number!)

MWBHS: "She badly wanted to go to Thirupathi for the past few years and now when the opportunity is there she cant go it seems. Ok then, what to do, the Lord wants her to come only later, I guess. Sorry for troubling you Sir."

Bloody idiot. He gave me a scare that bugger with the bizarre handsfree set! So Chennai is still safe and innocent?

3 comments:

Doc said...

Hey gooseberry;))))
Thanks for the kind words lady:) And about the medicines that you are taking, I wouldnt mind clearing your doubts on that...if you could please mail me or chat up on yahoo, I would be glad to clarify your doubts:)
drthamaraiselvan@gmail.com
das_wunschd3nk3n@yahoo.co.uk is my yahoo chat id.
luv&rgds
gts

PS: I tried to have a peek at your blogsite but it says 404 error and the page isnt found?

jeenu said...

hey doc
A pretty fun blog..
hats off to you..u can make a normal incident so funny and interesting..
cheers
jeenu

Priyamvada_K said...

Hey D,
Nice seeing you after a while. Hope all's well with Mrs.D and everything. yenna, new site eh?

Priya.
http://priyamanaval.blogspot.com