Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Time to pat my back;)

Folks (especially Sury;) wanted to know what happened to me, whether I passed out in front of the puter or whether I blacked out while on a New Year shopping spree. Unfortunately it isnt any of those good things, but I have been unusually busy the past 10-15 days. The very few minutes that I get and can call my leisure, I spend it by happily irritating my wife, which also happens to be my favourite pastime!


Peeps, I want to tell you that I have been interviewed by a major newspaper, The Hindu, and have been published in the Downtown section of its December 18th edition. Curiously there isnt an online report and I have taken a lousy pic of the article and posted it as a proof that I aint fibbing

Another event that really took me in a wave of gratitude was that the Paramount Pearls Flat Owners and residents association felicitated me and presented me with a wonderful gift during their 1st year cultural sabha inauguration for the services I had rendered to them during the horrid monsoon season. Its nice to know that people do think of doctors in a good way instead of being consumerish (I have a problem, I come to you, you render service, I pay you money)

The memento I was presented with is a beautiful carved Tanjore plate (Thanjavur thattu) that has a peacock as the central decor. The pic is here for you to have a peek at. Click on it to enlarge. It was presented to me by stage actor, comedian Bosskey of Hari-Giri fame on Jaya TV.

Thats it with me patting my own back and I am glad that the year 2005 came to a grand finale literally. Ever since I got published in The Hindu, I've been having a lot lot of calls and I am really busy that I feel sad I cant update this site as often as I would love to, anyway, I shall make time for myself so that I can catch up with you fine folks.

Wishing all my readers and their loved ones a Happy and Fruitful 2006 and may the Good Lord bless everyone with Good Health.

10 comments:

Sury said...

That is fantastic news, Doc! Double congratulations :)

Priya Sivan said...

Doc ..gr8 ! Congrats! And a Happy New Year too :)

Priya Sivan said...

Do bloggers like me get spl concession?? :)))

sailu said...

Congrats,Doc!

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Congrats Doc...

interfer--on said...

hoi doc,

LTNS - hows ye n howz work goin on??

Good work ye doing - Keep it up. Can't imagine meez goin' around n doing dressings at home :O....sans theatre - difficult to picture myself. ;)

Happy pongal vaaizhthukals maams :D

aria said...

I'm late in congratulating you :(
Congrats!
And a Very Happy New Year!
I lost the link of your blog. Saw Doc on call link on Priya's blog clicked it - and here I am ..
Hope you are doing well n the Doc is getting lotsa calls.

-ffbw

sunrays said...

Came across your blog ... Just wanted to congratulation you ..Keep up the good work :-)

Regards
Sun
(http://www.sunkiran.com )

priyanka said...

Hi Das.

Was just passing by your site. And here comes the lovely news from you. I know it feels nice to see your name in the paper. And that too Hindu!!

Cheers. Have a great time and a very happy new year. And by the way what is Docy dear planning for this Valentine?

Priyanka

Arpana Sanjay said...

Dee...you are tagged :-)

http://chays.blogspot.com/2006/02/tag-attack7.html

come now love, cheer up!! This can be craic!!

Loves
Chay