Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Breathing Underwater!

Phantasmagoric world.

Wickedly pretty girl. Impish smile.

Lovely moonshine. Open windows. Jacquards aside.

Rigatoni with olives and prosciutto in a "raku" glazed bowl.

We perfervid lovers.

A small tape recorder sitting on the sill. The owl in my tree listening to my sweet talk, watching every move of mine. Closer than i have ever remembered.

Thin translucent skin on her hands shining in the dimly lit bedroom.

Her eyes are my eyes. Her smile you can sometimes see in the corners of my mouth. A gentleness I wish I possessed. An overwhelming love. The kind that sits inside the very core of you.

Should I remind myself why I fell in love? Day-yam me. Small waves of happiness and tidepools of sadness- sometimes.

Her two wrists, bound by one hand of mine. I hold them that way for a while. My fingers stretching all the way around right and left.

I say, "you have tiny wrists." and she nods.

I take the ring off her finger and look at the words etched inside.

"SP"

I replace it with the gentlest touch. She sighs a heavy sigh. I know what it means.

Her special farrago of resentments. It all ends with the word "Yes".

My finger traces the lines on her palms. Another traces the outline of her ear.

The space between us shrinking until we're curled up into one another, Our heads close, connected.

She utters those magical 3 words.

I have heard them in every language. I can feel them in my head.

A slow spreading warmth. I can taste them. Sweet. There is heat between our mouths before they finally connect and then...


then.. it is like breathing under water.

No comments: